Here we are with Essay on Importance of fundamental duties for nation describing about the fundamental duties mentioned in Indian constitution.
Essay on Importance of fundamental duties for nation
Rights and duties are like two sides of a coin without one other has no value. Every right comes with a duty. In every field, whether it is home, society or country rights and duties of life go hand in hand. The fundamental duties mentioned in the Indian Constitution have a useful purpose. Our constitution gives us many fundamental rights to enjoy our freedom, in return it demands to perform some duties and come forward to give our best for country. Duty is an unbreakable part of authority. What is the duty to one, is the right of another person for example if it is the duty of a father to earn money for the upbringing of his children, the child has the right to receive good education, food and other necessities. If all perform their duties, then the rights of all will be automatically protected.
Some of the fundamental duties mentioned in Article 51A are incorporated into separate laws. Under this article of our Constitution every citizen is obliged to perform certain duties which are called fundamental duties. These duties are defined as the moral obligations of all citizens to promote the spirit of patriotism and help to maintain the unity of India. Following are the eleven fundamental duties of every citizen of India.
1. To follow the constitution and respect the national flag and the national anthem – It is the duty of every citizen to honor the national flag and the national anthem of the country. Burning or tearing the tricolor is an insult of the country. Similarly, it is the duty of every citizen of India to stand and honor the national anthem when played.
2. To cherish and uphold the noble ideals that inspired our national struggle for independence – The freedom struggle was a long battle, which thousands of people sacrificed to make it successful. It is our duty to always remember the sacrifices made by our ancestors for the benefit of the country. Remember and follow the ideals taught by them.
3. To maintain and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India- unity is also seen in diversity in our country. Where people from all religions, castes and classes live together. It is our duty to protect this sovereignty, unity and integrity of our country and to keep it alive. Remember, there is success in taking everyone along.
4. To protect the country and to provide national service in doing so – It is the duty of every citizen of India to always be ready to protect his country. It is our duty not only to protect the country from external enemies but also from internal enemies. We should keep moving forward to give up everything for the service of the country.
5. Promoting a sense of harmony and common brotherhood among all the people of India to renounce religious, linguistic and regional or sectional variations and abusive practices for the dignity of women is also one of our fundamental duties.
6. To value and preserve the rich heritage of our overall culture – It is also our fundamental duty to preserve our rich heritage. Our cultural heritage is high in the whole world. What we have inherited from the past, we have to give it to the generations to come, so its conservation is extremely important. It is the duty of every citizen to ensure that our cultural heritage is not damaged in any way.
7. To protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife and to have compassion for living beings – not only its citizens are valuable for any country but also its natural environment, forests, lakes, rivers and wildlife. These are also the valuable resources for any country, therefore it is our duty to protect them.
8. To develop scientific temperament, humanism and spirit of inquiry and reform – It is the duty of every citizen to promote a scientific temper to keep pace with the rapidly changing world. In addition, science and technology should be restrained with the spirit of humanism so that everyone can benefit equally.
9. Protection of public property and preventing violence – It is unfortunate for any country that some people promote violence only for their own selfishness and we silently watch the sensations inflicted by them and the destruction of public property. That is why in our fundamental duties, our responsibility to “protect public property and prevent violence” has been fixed.
10. To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity, so that the nation continually rises to a high level of endurance and achievement — in today’s competitive world the demand for excellence increase. In the future, there will be nothing but the ability to survive in the world will required, so it is essential that whatever we do as individual citizens or groups, our efforts should be directed towards achieving the goal of excellence. .
11. To provide opportunities for education in parents, their children or wards between 6-14 years of age, as the case may be – it is also our duty that all children get equal opportunities for education. These children are future of the country and if they remain illiterate then how can we expect the progress. Therefore, it is important that children between the ages of 6-14 years should be provided educational opportunities.
Duties serve as a reminder to the citizens that while enjoying their rights, they should also be aware of the responsibilities towards their country, society and fellow citizens. They act as a warning against anti-national and anti-social activities, such as burning the national flag, destroying public property. Duties act as a source of inspiration for citizens and promote a sense of discipline and commitment among them. They realize that citizens are not just spectators, but are active participants in achieving the national goals. They help the courts investigate and determine the constitutional validity of the law.
The fundamental duties define the moral obligations of the citizens and help to promote the spirit of patriotism which are very important in maintaining the unity of India.